Hey everyone, today’s post we will update you on what we have been working on, some information about 2nd beta map and an explanation for the prolonged break.
If you have been active in our Discord for some time, we have been discussing some of these ideas/changes that we had planned to make and are now committed to bringing to the server.
- Voting: The hope is we will see an increase in new players joining that are open to trying something new and different. The rewards planned as of right now will be Currency (Emeralds) and Crate Keys.
- 2 More Crates: One crate’s keys will serve as a daily vote reward (Common Crate) and the other’s keys will be given to supporter ranks which will serve as their /kit rewards.
- Supporter Ranks: As of right now the perks are rather lacking. Currently we simply have disguises, kits and homes. We have some other ideas to offer, but we will not be adding these before gathering community input first.
- Teleport Commands: Towards the end of beta v1 we began introducing teleport commands to ease transportation over long distances. We will be continuing this by keeping both /tpa and /tpahere, but reducing the warmups while keeping a cooldown in place. We will continue to not be allow TP commands while in combat or to enter event areas. Additionally we will be adding /spawn which will remove the need to use nether portals for transportation.
- More Portable Horses: We will be making regular saddles act as portable saddles which should make taming easier and overall cheaper.
- Abandoning Tier Based Defenses: This may seem confusing to some, but this whole system was the most inconsistent and bug ridden feature on the server. During our testing we discovered that in a lot of circumstances you could be clearly hitting your mark, but the damage would not register. The system would have required a complete overhaul. We understand however this will need a replacement of sorts and are open to any suggestions from the community.
Tribes Beta v2
As previously mentioned, we’d like to focus more on the normal faction player base because that’s where we have succeeded and WrathPvP always was. We will be testing the above changes and more in a 2nd Beta Map.
- Tribes Beta v2 Start: Saturday, July 1st @ 2:00PM EST
Long Break Explained
We had initially planned to take only a couple weeks off following the conclusion of the first beta map, but with personal conflicts of my own popping up and it being the end of the semester for some, the server had to simply be put on hold. I had been holding off on making this post until I was sure we were ready to move forward.
In Other News
Thank you to everyone who has stuck around and continues to send well wishes for the server. There are still plenty of updates to come regarding what to expect changed for the 2nd Beta Map, but I’ll hold off on those until next Monday’s post :)