Hey everyone, today I have some major news regarding the direction the server will be going, as well as bug fixes, balance changes and additions!
When first developing Tribes, the thought was the gamemode would cater to everyone simply because it's original. However being realistic now the server was clearly catered towards those seeking a very hardcore experience. Knowing this even before the start of beta, I failed to make the necessary changes that would cater the gamemode to the old Wrath community that I had been relying on to play during the beta. Now that's not to say everyone from Wrath doesn't enjoy hardcore gamemodes, but the general consensus from those I have spoken too is this is just too hardcore for their taste. Starting now, the server will be focused on making the best server possible for old Wrath players, and potentially regular faction players we'd like to add to our community.
Although myself and others enjoy the hardcore components of the servers, I personally have to admit it can be harsh at times. What I think we can do is shift Tribes quite seamlessly from HCF-like to Faction-like. That's not to say I'd like to remove all the hardcore aspects and feeling there currently is and replace it with handouts, but I think we can improve by not making things as tedious and perhaps even a little more convenient.
If you haven't seen this form already, feel free to fill it out with your opinions on some of proposed ideas people have given for the server. Also if the context of the form didn't make sense to you when I sent it earlier, feel free to fill it out again. I don't agree with all of the ideas personally, but I can understand why some people might like to see them on the server. So let your voice be heard and if you have already filled out the form, thank you! https://goo.gl/forms/Suf4V6yBI9WcO7Uz2
This week features @meat312’s video of him and his Tribe’s highlights of week one of the beta!
- Enabled Enderchests
- Removed /t home location in /t show, now only shows height (y) level
- Reduced price of totem upgrades by 50%
- Added /tpa and /tpahere
- Added /tpa and /tpahere cooldowns and warmups.
- Added Spawners for 32 Emeralds (Zombie, Skeleton & Cave Spider)
- Added Melons and Pumpkins as sellable items in shop
- Added Slimeball, Leather & Pumpkin as buyable items in shop
- Cheaper Crowbar (Now 25 Emeralds, was 64)
- Cheaper Miner Potions (Now 5 Emeralds, was 10)
- Extended Miner Potion (Now 25 Minutes, was 8)
- More Obsidian (Now 16 Obsidian per Emerald, was 8)
- Less Iron Blocks for Emeralds (Now 3 blocks, was 6)
- Less Lapis Blocks for Emeralds (Now 6 blocks, was 12)
- Increased cost of TNT Launcher (Now 32 Emeralds, was 20)
- Added pig spawner area to spawn
- Made both water and lava buckets stackable
- Changed private messages to stand out more
- Reduced nether no build area from 125 to 100
- Fixed creepers sometimes blowing up blocks in territory
- Fixed pressure plates acting as land mines in enemy territory (Thanks Boozny)
- General anticheat improvements
In Other News
Along with the necessary changes made to improve Tribes, we have also been working hard on getting a Tribe’s Build/Practice server setup. On there you will be able to use WorldEdit to design bases as well as raid those bases with the TNT Launcher, but of course only in plots you own or have been added to. We expect to see this server up and ready for everyone to use as they wish sometime between now and next week’s post. Thanks again everyone for the continued support and I’ll see you on the server!