Hey everyone, today I’m happy to provide the first Tribes Update post for you all. These will be regular updates made to keep you all informed on what changes are being made to Tribes. We will begin strong with a brand new system unique to Tribes as well as the expected bug fixes.
Introducing Tribe Points and Divisions
What are you Tribe Points?
Tribe Points are the measure of success throughout a map’s life cycle. Typically on survival servers, the only measure of a team’s success is an end of the map event which is simply not enough. With Tribe Points, every event carries a predetermined point value and the winners receive these points in addition to the expected event rewards (Event Keys). These Points will not be a form of currency you save up and pay for in game items with, they will instead be used to determine the winners of each map!
How do I get Tribe Points?
Points will again be granted when an event is won. Weekly/Special events will give more points than Daily events. In addition to earning points by winning events however, you may also choose to steal points. Stealing points goes hand-in-hand with the Tribe’s Raiding System. When you raid another Tribe and destroy their Totem, your Tribe will take 10% of that Tribe’s total points! For example:
Team A wins a daily event (20 points)
Team B raids and destroys Team A’s totem (2 point)
Team A (18 points) -- Team B (2 points)
What are Tribal Divisions?
Usually on survival servers there can only be one winner and often are simply the bigger teams. While we appreciate larger teams that coordinate, we feel something needs to be done for smaller teams to have something to work towards too. With that in mind we will be introducing Tribal Divisions. You probably already noticed that your Tribe has been automatically assigned to a Division and this is simply based on your Tribe size. If you have 10 or less members, you are assigned to the 10 Man Division and if you have ever had more than 10 members, you are assigned to the 20 Man Division. Once you enter an advancing division, you will not be able to return to a lower one. This system is expandable as well. If in the future we wish to have 5 Man or even a Solo Division, we can do so with no trouble.
Every post we’ll take some time out to feature some community member’s videos, screenshots or streams. This week we have @Boozny and the first part of his Tribes Let’s Play
- Added Tribe Points and Divisions (/t points & /t points <tribe>)
- Added Tribe Leaderboards (/t leaderboard & /t leaderboard <division #>)
- Added Cosmetic Crates to spawn and Cosmetic Crate Keys to store.
- Fixed being able to open 1.8 doors in enemy tribe territory (Thanks Joost117)
- Fixed being able to open 1.8 fence gates in enemy tribe territory
- Fixed levels randomly being stolen while enchanting (Thanks Eliciana)
- Fixed incorrect level amounts being taken on 1.7 versions (Thanks Comedy_)
- Fixed link signs so they actually send links
- Fixed a major sign typo inside spawn by mrbuddy13 (Thanks Chuby)
- Removed start of the world grace period, good luck
- Updated koth schedule to include Saturday & Sunday events
- General anticheat improvements
In Other News
We’ve been taking down every suggestion given to us in game and are beginning to add them to the server. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to use the suggestion section on the forums or our new #suggestions channel on discord. Thanks everyone and I’ll see you on the server!